There are a few things that we’re supposed to tell you before you use our website. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not use this website. If you have not read these terms, and let’s face it you probably haven’t, we’re going to assume you agree with them because you’ve continued to use our website.
Alpaca is a trading name of Alt-Legal Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with number 09227003.
www.alpaca.uk.com is a website operated by Alt-Legal Limited. By using this website you agree to comply with these terms.
The meaning of some words used in these terms and conditions:-
“we”, “us” or “our” – Alt-Legal Limited; and
“you” or “your” – That would be you, the person who is using the website.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- We are registered in many ways. Here are just a few:
- in England and Wales under company number 09227003
- our registered office is Alpaca, Platform, Suite 5B, New Station Street, Leeds LS1 4JB.
- for VAT with VAT number 211 2317 71.
- We are also regulated, as solicitors practising in England and Wales, authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (the “SRA”). Our SRA Number is 619541. A copy of the SRA Code of Conduct can be found at www.sra.org.uk.
- You can contact us by:
- emailing us at email@example.com;
- telephoning us on 0113 347 4733; or
- sending us a letter on parchment paper. Go on, nobody sends good letters anymore.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE
TL;DR: It’s a website, not a lawyer, please don’t rely on information as being “legal” advice.
- We’re pretty pleased with our website and we’d love to share it with you. The grown-ups make the rules though, and we’re supposed to make sure that you understand how important it is that you read these terms and conditions which set out the ways in which you can use the website.
- We try to include interesting material on the website, based on English law. We will make every effort to ensure that the contents are accurate and up to date. Although we’re not sure how you could construe a picture of an alpaca as legal advice, we’re still supposed to tell you not to do so. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials, whether alpacas or otherwise, by any visitor to our website, or by anyone who may be informed of its contents.
- Now, if you do want specific legal advice, we’re really really good at that, so please do contact us with any specific questions.
- Our website may include hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. While we’ve probably included the links because we think they’ll be helpful, these sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the data policies, procedures, practices or content of any linked or third party websites. If you’ve enjoyed reading these website terms and conditions, we recommend that you read theirs to make sure you’re happy before using third party websites. We do not accept liability for any content posted to this website by visitors.
- The contents of this website are protected by copyright. You agree that you will not use, process or share any of the information on this website for any purpose other than the purposes for which the information was provided. If you do, we reserve the right to be very very cross, along with our other legal rights.
- Please feel free to read the content of this website. You may only make copies for the purposes of using the available resources. Please note the requirements that apply to the copying of information from third party websites may be different.
- A printed version of these terms and conditions will be admissible in court or other proceedings as if they were originally generated and maintained in printed form.
- Please check back occasionally to re-read these terms and conditions as we may make changes at any time and any changes will be binding on you. However, please note that any of the content on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. Even lawyers are human. Well, some are.
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our website, or our entire website, to users who have registered with us.
- We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- Basically we’d like you to play nicely with our website. Specifically, you agree not to use the website to:-
- impersonate any person or organisation or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, or your relationship with any person or organisation;
- upload or share any unsolicited or unauthorised material or advertising;
- upload, publish or display any personal or confidential information of any person or organisation without their prior consent;
- upload, share or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses or malware;
- upload, share or otherwise make available any material which may be defamatory, illegal, discriminatory in any way, of a sexual nature or otherwise offensive or harmful to other users of the website or others;
- upload, share or otherwise make available any material which is deliberately misleading or fraudulent; or
- intimidate or harass any person or organisation.
- We reserve the right to remove from the website any material that we consider to be in breach of clause 4.1.
- You warrant (promise) that you have all necessary consents from relevant individuals to upload their personal data via the website and that by doing so you do not, and will not cause us to, breach the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You may link to our home page but must not do so in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- This paragraph is particularly important, so we ask that you take the time to read it. Then again, if you’ve read this far, you’ll no doubt want to see it through to the end anyway. This is where it gets seriously legal, so please bear with us.
- We do not warrant that our website will be compatible with your computer. On occasion, the services available through this website may not be available and your access to our website may be interrupted or contain errors. We will not be liable if we are unable to provide the website or any services for any reason.
- If you are accessing our website and the associated services in the course of a business, all implied warranties and conditions are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We shall not be liable for (a) any loss of profit, data loss, loss of production, loss of goodwill and (b) any indirect or consequential loss, costs or expenses, in each case arising out of your use of our website, your use of our services available through our website or our failure to deliver services contained on our website.
- Our total liability for losses arising out of your use of this website, your use of the services available through it or our failure to deliver any such services shall be limited to the total cost of the purchase under which the claim arises for any one event or series of connected events or, if no goods or services have been purchased, to £3,000,000.
- If you are accessing and using our website as a consumer, you have certain statutory rights. Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect those statutory rights (and in particular, any term which limits our liability to you in the event that any service is defective or fails to meet the description given to it on this website shall not apply).
- If you are accessing our website in the course of a business, you agree to indemnify us and to keep us indemnified (except to the extent caused by our negligence, fraud or wilful default) from all or any liability or damages we incur in contract, tort or otherwise, towards a third party as a result of your use of this website.
- Nothing in these terms shall render us liable to provide brown M&M’s in a bowl at any time, or to continue using pictures of alpacas.
- CLIENT SATISFACTION
- If any provision contained in these terms and conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- We run our website from the United Kingdom and these terms and conditions, and your use of this website are governed by the laws of England. Unless you are using our website and services as a consumer, by agreeing to these terms and conditions you consent to all disputes relating to this website being decided only by the courts of England and Wales. We are not in a position to check the website complies with laws from outside England and Wales so you will need to check its compliance with the laws of other jurisdictions if you intend to use the website and the associated services from outside the United Kingdom.
- You are not permitted to assign your rights under these terms and conditions. Except as expressly provided by these terms and conditions, no third party may enforce these terms and conditions by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
We’re pretty confident that you will be happy with the service that we provide, because we try really hard. However, even when you’re trying your best, occasionally things to do wrong and we aim to resolve issues as quickly as possible. Our complaints policy sets out our complaints procedures, and this is available on request. Further information on complaints handling can be found in our terms of business (also available on request). If we are unable to resolve your issue through our complaints procedure, then you may contact the Legal Ombudsman to consider your complaint.
If you are a client and we have made a contract with you by electronic means you may be entitled to use an EU online dispute resolution service to assist with any contractual dispute you may have with us. This service can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org